Photography Holiday Courses and Workshops in France
Photo MAESTRO - RPS Course - FAQ
The Photo MAESTRO - RPS Course is for those who want to learn how to attain a Royal Photographic Society* Licentiate Distinction
*Note: Your tutor, Don McCrae holds both the RPS's Licentiate and Associate Distinction - this Course is not accredited by the RPS.
In response to a growing number of requests from our clients, we’ve tailor-made a Photo MAESTRO - RPS Course to help people attain a Royal Photographic Society Licentiate Distinction.
In our state-of-the-art media studio and working with your images, we’ll show you how to deeply understand with the RPS judges are looking for; the standards by which you are assessed; how to edit and prepare your photos; and how to print.
In a group of 6 people or less, and an expert to lead the hands-on training, you’ll learn more in five days than trying to wrestle with yourself over five months!
And if you’ve attended one of our other Courses, you'll get a 15% discount off this Photo MAESTRO – RPS price – woo hoo!
If the Photo MAESTRO - RPS Course is not for you, click on the links below and have a look at the other Courses and Workshops on offer:
A Photo MAESTRO - RPS Course lasts 6 days and starts with our Welcome Dinner on a Saturday at 19:15, when we run through the Course Program. The Photo MAESTRO- RPS Course ends after dinner on the following Friday - you leave the next day, a Saturday.
A day consists of two Sessions, each lasting a minimum of 3-4 hours – that’s over 40 hours of expert tuition, but there's plenty of time to relax, read, go for a stroll, or take a dip in the pool. Teaching takes place on Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday - Tuesday is your day off!
Our times are flexible, as we may go for dawn, or sunset shoot, or take a picnic lunch somewhere, but on a typical day Continental Breakfast is served at 9:00 with the first Session starting at 10:00. We break for lunch at 13:00, and with the exception of the last day, the afternoon Session starts at 14:00 and ends at 17:00. Dinner is served at 19:15.
A Photo MAESTRO - RPS Course addresses in detail all the salient points the RPS is looking for, namely:
• how to make the best possible presentation;
• how to show the best possible camera techniques;
• how to deliver the best possible editing techniques;
• how to demonstrate the best possible visual awareness;
• how to produce the best possible communication; and
• why a range of photographic skills must be in your panel of 10 images
To achieve the above, it is a pre-requisite that you are shooting RAW files and have some familiarity with Photoshop. We will be using Photoshop a lot so the Course will also cover:
• Levels, Curves, Adjustment Layers, Blending Modes and even more Layers – why they are key;
• when and how to use the Clone Stamp, Spot Healing Brush, Transforms, Liquify Tool and other filters etc;
• how to use a Wacom tablet effectively and why a mouse is of little use;
• when and how to use Smart Objects;
• Histograms, Color Management and the importance of Calibrating your Monitor;
• B&W conversions - which is the best method and offers the most control over the process;
• printing and image storage – how and when to Sharpen; and how print photos properly as well as safeguarding their future;
• personalised notes relating to the Course, with how-to’s and “Don’s Scripts”; and
• ….lots, lots more!
The price for the Photo MAESTRO - RPS Course is £1,399.00. We are pleased to welcome your non-photographer partner/friend to accompany you at a cost of £699.00. Prices include:
The cost of the Photo MAESTRO - RPS Course does NOT include:
All Terms and Conditions are on the Booking webpage, which you will find here.
All Photo MAESTRO - RPS Courses for 2022 will start at 19:15 on a Saturday, with our Welcome Dinner and end at after dinner on the following Friday - you leave the next day, a Saturday.
|Arrival Date||Departure Date||Places|
|Sat 30-Apr||Sat 7-May||Open|
|Sat 11-Jun||Sat 18-Jun||2 Left|
|Sat 17-Sep||Sat 24-Sep||2 Left|
Special Note: If the airline timetable doesn’t fit with our dates, do let us know and, (for discounted price), we’ll do our best to accommodate you in the Studio either before or after the Course.
To checkout the Availability of Places, please follow this link, which opens a new webpage.
You can easily book a Photo MAESTRO - RPS Course by following this link.
We have comprehensive notes on how to get to Studio Lavalette that you will find on this page.
For those coming on the Photo MAESTRO - RPS Course, we recommend you bring the following photo-shoot essentials:
© 2022-2012 Studio Lavalette