Photography Holiday Courses and Workshops in France
Photo MAESTRO Course - FAQ
The Photo MAESTRO course is for those who want to learn how to tame the image editors, such a Lightroom, Elements and Photoshop, and get them to do what you want.
The Photo MAESTRO Course is tailor-made to help you get to grips with editing, manipulating and printing your photographs. Going digital means these cradle-to-grave processes are now firmly on your hands. But the tools and software you use need to be tamed so you can lift that weight and quickly create stunning images.
In reality, both Lightroom and Photoshop CC put you firmly in the driving seat. In our state of the art media studio, we’ll show you how to take control of the software and get them to do what you want and in the right order! With a group of no more than six people and an expert to lead the hands-on training, you’ll learn more in five days than wrestling with a Photoshop or Lightroom manual over five months.
And if you’ve attended one of our other Courses, you'll get a 15% discount off the Photo MAESTRO price – woo hoo!
If the Photo MAESTRO Course is not for you, click on the links below and have a look at the other Courses and Workshops on offer:
A Photo MAESTRO Course lasts 6 days and starts with our Welcome Dinner on a Saturday at 19:00, when we run through the Course Program. The Photo MAESTRO Course ends after dinner on the following Friday - you leave the next day, a Saturday.
A day consists of two Sessions, each lasting a minimum of 3-4 hours – that’s over 35 hours of expert tuition, but there's plenty of time to relax, read, go for a stroll, or take a dip in the pool. Teaching takes place on Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday - Tuesday is your day off!
Our times are flexible, as we may go for dawn, or sunset shoot, or take a picnic lunch somewhere, but on a typical day Continental Breakfast is served at 9:00 with the first Session starting at 10:00. We break for lunch at 13:00, and with the exception of the last day, the afternoon Session starts at 14:00 and ends at 17:00. Dinner is served at 19:30.
A Photo MAESTRO Course addresses all the aspects of the latest releases of Lightroom and Photoshop that a digital photographer needs to know about, and we’ll also get out on location photo-shoots to explore Villebois-Lavalette and the nearby picturesque towns and countryside.
• grounding what Lightroom is really all about and why a digital photographer can’t live without it;
• how to get your image directories organised and stay organised;
• file formats, what to use and when and how to set up Catalogues and Collections and manage them;
• the importance of Meta Data and Keywords;
• how to use and maximise all the Develop Module tools and features such as Presets;
• how to add Develop Presets and Meta Data, etc., when Importing;
• how and where to Export and why; and…
• ….lots, lots more!
• Levels, Curves, Adjustment Layers, Blending Modes and even more Layers – why they are key;
• when and how to use the Clone Stamp, Spot Healing Brush, Transforms, Liquify Tool and other filters etc;
• how to deal with your collection of analogue prints/slides and carry-out convincing restorations;
• how to use a Wacom tablet effectively and why a mouse is of little use;
• when and how to use Smart Objects;
• Histograms, Color Management and the importance of Calibrating your Monitor;
• B&W conversions - which is the best method and offers the most control over the process;
• printing and image storage – how and when to Sharpen; and print photos properly as well as safeguarding their future;
• personalised notes relating to the Course, with how-to’s and “Don’s Recipes”; and
• ….lots, lots more!
The price for the Photo MAESTRO Course is £1,399.00. We are pleased to welcome your non-photographer partner/friend to accompany you at a cost of £699.00. Prices include:
The cost of the Photo MAESTRO Course does NOT include:
All Terms and Conditions are on the Booking webpage, which you will find here.
All Photo MAESTRO Courses for 2022 will start at 19:00 on a Saturday and end at after dinner on the following Friday - you leave the next day, a Saturday
|Arrival Date||Departure Date||Places|
|Sat 08-Oct||Sat 15-Oct||Places|
|Sat 22-Oct||Sat 29 Oct||Places|
Special Note: If the airline dates or times don’t fit with our dates, do let us know and, (for discounted price), we’ll do our best to accommodate you in our B&B either before or after the Course.
To checkout the Availability of Places, please follow this link, which opens a new webpage.
You can easily book a Photo MAESTRO Course by following this link.
We have comprehensive notes on how to get to Studio Lavalette that you will find on this page.
For those coming on the Photo MAESTRO Course, we recommend you bring the following photo-shoot essentials:
© 2022-2012 Studio Lavalette